Refund Policy - Clothes Box Foundation
Clothes Box Foundation has developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to
honour and respect the financial contributions that people make to Clothes Box Foundation. We
recognise the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of
transparency and fairness with regard to the management of refunds.
This policy outlines the circumstances under which Clothes Box Foundation (hereafter ‘CBF’) will
refund a donation. This policy is applicable for only for Non-earmarked donations. Donations to
specific project/CSR donations are not refundable.
CBF expects that all donors will exercise due care and diligence while making donations. CBF also
recognises that a donation may be made erroneously or donors may change their mind.
CBF will examine each request for refund of donation and endeavour to make the refund as per
the following rules:
• If an error is made in making an online donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will
honour requests for refund that are made in writing within 7 (seven) days of the date the
donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial
transaction including date, donation amount, donor's name, ID, tax invoice number and the
nature of the error.
• Written requests for refund can be sent by email or mail:
Correspondence address: 48, Paras Trade Centre, Gwal Pahadi, Gurgaon - 122003
• CBF will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are
rectified. However, CBF is under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be
at CBF’s discretion only. CBF may also seek further information/documents and the said donor
must co-operate in this regard.
• If – based on the written request - a donor amount is adjusted by CBF, the original donor receipt
issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued by CBF for
the amount of the adjusted donation.
• CBF reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charged onto the donor.
• Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – for example, if a donation has
been made by credit card, the refund will be credited by CBF to that same credit card. In case
the refund can not be credited through the original method, CBF will make a bank transfer.
• Should an error be made by CBF or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be
made once CBF is notified of the error in writing.
It must be noted that CBF is not obliged to make refunds and may, in its discretion, decline any
requests for refund of donations, particularly if a tax exemption certificate has been issued.
All decisions of CBF in this regard will be final and binding on the donor.